Thursday, September 20, 2007

On The Road Again

Posted by Gloria

I am posting at 60 mph somewhere between Fernley and Fallon Nevada. We will soon be on Hwy. 50 which is called the lonliest highway, it's 176 miles between towns with just a few ranches but mostly just good old desert. We will lose cell phone coverage and internet capabilities which is scary in the event we break down. We stopped to fuel up at a truck stop which was an education, we didn't have an ICC number so thought we may not be able to buy fuel there but as it turned out we were able to. The smell of urine was so bad, I guess the truckers empty their "pee bottles" in the drains-yuck. I saw a few female truck drivers and had to wonder what they do-wear diapers? We have no specific plans of where we will stay tonight, we're winging it.

Until next time,
Gloria

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, today I'm sitting at my desk eating Yakisoba with chicken, which is SOMEWHAT better than McDonald's, but it still doesn't make up for the fact that you are there and I am HERE! Have fun guys-it's all about the adventure. Is Jerry going to get that BEAV?
Love, Nisi