Gloria is off with Dusty for a couple of days, they take turns planning suprise trips for each others birthday. This time it was Dusty's turn to plan the trip for Gloria's special day. She had to leave the house at 5AM to be in Dupont by 7AM. Dusty called me at 6 to fill me in on the trip, boy are they going to have a good time. She is driving all over the place to confuse her. But to put it simply (I'll let her share it with you when she gets back), they are having breakfast in Paulsbo, followed by a brief stop at the Clearwater Casino to fool her. Then they take the ferry into Seattle and a stop at the Pike Place Market. Lunch will be at the top of the Space Needle. Then its off to the Tulalip Indian Casino. In the morning they have a FIVE hour spa treatment. Anyway I'm going to let her tell you all about it. There is more including how the clues link with the adventure.
The other day I left off at Pilot Knob in Winterhaven, CA. where we will be for two weeks. As I said this is in the Yuma area so we are going to see what it is all about.
We need to spend a week out of our membership parks so we will spend that time at a place called Big River RV Park in you guessed it Big River, CA. It's right on the Colorado River across from Parker, AZ.
Our next stay isn't very far away at Colorado River Adventures in Ehreberg, AZ also on the river. We stayed there last year and really liked the place.
From there our trip takes us to Desert Vista RV Resort in Salome, AZ for a week. I understand this is in a remote location. so we will have another opportunity to enjoy some desert night skies.
I know that it probably would have been more adventurous to not make any plans or reservations but to save $$ we had to do it this way and stay at our member parks, we are saving over $2500 in camping fees alone. Maybe another time.
More Later, Rich
Thursday, November 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment