A trip to Havasu City was made yesterday. We traveled there by way of some back roads and drove across the Parker dam.
Parker Dam
This is a beautiful dam built in the 1930’s in the Art Deco style, very nice. Here is some info about it.
Parker Dam Plaque
Click on Picture to read
The drive to the dam and onto Havasu City generally followed the river and was very scenic. When we arrived at the London Bridge (yes it is the bridge that was once in the real London), we were hungry so we walked across to a nice restaurant and sat at a window seat with a great view of the bridge… So what do you eat so close to the London Bridge? Well fish and chips of course, at least that’s what I had, Gorgie had a traditional veggie sandwich.
I took this from our table
After lunch we walked around on the paths in the area.
London Bridge
As we were returning across the bridge we noticed a tour boat was about to depart so we jumped aboard and set sail for a one hour tour. No big adventure nor marooning happened but it was a nice touch to an already great day.
Cruising Down the River
More Later, Rich

2 comments:
Beautiful pictures...I love how Richie say's..."a Tour Boat was going by, so we just hopped on!" How many times do you say...I guess we have nothing better to do, let's hop on!
Love you~
Dusty
The best things are the ones you don't plan. R_
Post a Comment