This winter has been the greatest time of our lives. We are doing the traveling that we have dreamed of all of our married life. We do miss our family and friends at home and seeing them is what we are looking forward to the most right now.
We have had the opportunity to see some wonderful country (we really like the winter desert vista’s). The people that we have met have been a big part of our good times. The weather has been better that we could have hoped for with cool mornings (some frost in January), but always warm and sunny in the afternoons. There have been folks from all over the USA and Canada. We hope to meet up with them on future trips. Already we have reunited with people at parks that we met earlier in the season.
Last week we went to Las Vegas for four days at the Fitz down on Freemont St. (they begged us to come and gave us a corner room for three nights at no cost to us, HA-HA). We did stay within our budget and had a great time. I also caught a bad cold and I have been moping around for that last couple of days but I’m on the mend and ready to travel.
While traveling I don’t know how much we will be able to post but I will try. We expect to be home around the 22’nd or 23’rd of March. So it won’t be long.
More Later, Rich

3 comments:
Hi Guys!
We hope you are feeling better Richie! It is the 14th so you two are on the down hill slide towards Hooterville! (remember hooterville?) We have been having one of the worst blizzards seasons in history!!! The entire town shut down a couple of times and that takes alot to happen here! The snow is up to the roof tops of alot of houses here! We have missed about 4 days of work. One of our planes crashed into a mountain called "Newton's Peak" with a full plane it took about 3 hours for search and rescue to find them luckily no one died! Some injuries, one gal I had checked in on the morning flight going out broke her back in 3 places and my favorite pilot is no longer with us but it was white out conditions and he got disoriented! The plane is still pretty much intact but they cannot recover it yet until spring or summer due to the amount of snow. The search and rescue had to remove the passengers on snow mobiles and they got stuck and lost too, at first. The pilot had to soak some clothing in jet fuel and start them on fire to alert the rescuers because it was getting dark. There is some sort of device on the plane (not gps) that beeps or something when he went down. A full plane is 8 people!Needless to say it was a tense 3 hours while they were looking for them! It was the only plane on the fleet not to have some sort of gauge installed in it! Oh yes and yesterday was payday and for some reason direct deposit didn't happen and of course no one said anything! I went to the store and spent alot of money and over drew my account and had to hurry and transfer funds! DAMAGED!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to go now! I love you both and miss you! Forrest just fell in the snow on his knees out there
Wow it sounds like SO MUCH FUN traveling around!! What a great reward after working for 30+ years! I wanna go! Love You!
Forrest & Gail
We are all missing you!! Have a safe trip home!
Jedd & Dusty
Post a Comment