Saturday, March 13, 2010

Haircut in Algodones

Yesterday we returned to Algodones (which translates to cotton by the way), to pick up some prescription meds for Forrest.  I think Gorgie really wanted to have another margarita smile_wink.  And have one we did, along with another good lunch of shrimp, this time we swapped and I had the shrimp taco’s and

Gorgie had them sautéed Vera Cruz style.

The main reason for returning was to go to the cheap pharmacies here, this is a good deal for folks needing meds at a reasonable cost.  You are allowed to bring back a 90 day supply and they are supposed to be for yourself.  The border patrol asked Gorgie a few questions but I was just passed through.  This along with dental, optometry, and other medical services is why hundreds of seniors go here every day.

Well margaritas, shrimp lunches, meds, cheap souvenirs, are not the only reason to go to Los Algodones.  There are also barber shops.  Gorgie drug me into one for my annual Mexican haircut.  I must admit I was overdue.  Gorgie even had her put gel in my hair.

Haircut2 

 

 

 

  Needing a haircut

 

 

 

 

Haircut3

 

 

 

                                                                                                                                                                                       

 

 

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Getting my hairs cut

                                                            

Haircut

 

 

 

Not bad, huh?

 

 

 

On Wednesday we had the coach washed, deoxidized, and waxed.  Boy does it shine. When you touch the sides your hand just slips off.  They did a much better job than what we had done in Indio last December.  We have had a lot of cosmetic things done to the rig this year and it is looking sharp.  This summer I am thinking about doing some remodeling on the interior to make things more functional for how we have settled into traveling.  But that will be reason for another post.

We are wrapping up our time her in Yuma.  Debbie and Jerry are in route right now to meet up with us in Indio, CA on Monday for a two week stay.  Then we will be starting home.  Pam and Steve want us to stop and see their new home in Reno so weather permitting that is what we plan to do. 

And now a word from our sponsor,  I have been keeping some notes on the RV parks we visit, and some of the restaurants we frequent.  I have added a couple of  links to these pages at the top of the blog just under the title picture, just click on them to check out where we have been. It is a work in progress so keep checking as I update them.

More Later, Rich

2 comments:

Forrest and Gail said...

Love your haircut Richie Man! Thanks again for the meds for us!

Love you both so much
Forrest and Gail

Anonymous said...

Handsome Richie!!

Dusty <3