Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Walk in the Desert, Flowering Cacti, and a Geocache

We are at Desert Pools RV in Desert Hot Springs with Debbie and Jerry. We were supposed to be in Indio at Indian Waters, where we had reservations for three months.  There was a terrible accident on I-10 coming from Ehrenberg and we arrived about an hour later that planned and all of the full hookup sites were taken, and they wanted to put us in a gravel site with no sewer and that was not an option for the laundry lady. So we called the reservation desk and they changed our park to Desert Pools. We spent three weeks here in December and like it here, so here we are.

Yesterday we went for a walk in the desert to see the blooming cacti.

DSCN0105

 

DSCN0133

Blooms on the Beavertail Cactus

I purchased a handheld GPS so I could continue my new hobby of geocacheing. It works very well and I drug everyone along on my search and I found it.

DSCN0113

The Geocache is found.

DSCN0115

Flowers on the Buckhorn Cholla

DSCN0123

Barrel Cactus

Today is Jerry’s 61st birthday so we are going to Sunday Brunch at the Fantasy Springs Casino, it promises to be another wonderful day.

Happy Birthday Jerry!!

More Later,

Rich

No comments: