Friday, December 21, 2012

Hanging out in Palm Springs

We could easily spend the entire winter in this area, there is lots to do, good places to eat and nice weather. That said we are looking forward to traveling to some other areas that we like as we'll. We were watching the local news the other day and we noticed that the advertising was sure directed at people more our age, there are no happy meal ads at all. When is the last time you saw an ad for a Rolex watch? Or watched Tony the dancing barber pitch hearing aids?

We have had lots of visits from this little guy but he is a bit camera shy..

He comes to the window next to where I sit and he will look in every once in a while, but as soon as I pick up the camera off he goes, maybe he is a Mexican hummer and if I give him a dollar he will pose for me.

This is the other view I have every morning as the sun comes up.

We have couple of favorite places that we like to eat at one that I have written about before is Shanghai Reds where they have killer lobster bisque and shrimp or fish tacos. We have always loved the interaction of the chefs watching them prepare the food. Well they have moved on and opened their own place, Ruben and Ozzy's. we plan to visit them this evening and a report will have to come in the next post. By the way the food was just as delicious as ever at Shanghai Reds so we will continue to there too.

More Later,

Rich

 

No comments: