This past week has just been a blast. We have been playing card games with Bill and Donna, Bill and I played poker a few times up at the club house. There was a Valentines dinner on Thursday, the meal was forgettable but the people were not.
Clockwise from Gorgie are Donna, Linda, Ken, Bill, and me.
They had a renewal of vows ceremony that Bill and Donna participated in.
Afterwards there was a bluegrass/gospel concert put on by the Haining Family, and they were actually very good.
We were joined on Thursday by some good friends Ken and Linda, who we met four years ago here in Colorado River Oasis. They are sure nice folks.
We all went to Quartzsite and had lunch at the Grubsteak Saloon, they have some good fish and chips there.
Yesterday evening we got together and played what else, cards. I laughed so hard my face hurt.
This post has taken me a week now to compose, every time I turned around there was something else I wanted to add or there was another picture to add, so I'm going to finish up now.
On our last evening in Ehrenberg Linda asked if we had ever launched Chinese luminaries of course we had not, well she had some, and after the sun set we all went down to the river. They are balloon shaped crepe paper that you carefully unfold and place a parrafin block on the bottom of and light.
When they get warm enough they lift off into the sky like a hot air balloon.
We all launched them and what a thrill to watch them rise into the sky and join the moon.
This had be one of the best highlights of our trip this year, what a great time with good friends.
Sadly we had to move on and are now in Bullhead City, AZ for a week. We are in the Ridgeview RV Park just across the Colorado River from Laughlin, NV. It rained here last night and is still raining as I type, so I guess we'll have to find some indoor activities today ;~).
More Later,
Rich









1 comment:
I am so happy to see these pic's!! Gorgie told me all about the luminaries and I would love to do that someday. It is so wonderful that you have great friends to have fun with!
Dusty :0)
Post a Comment