We left Pixleyville and intended on stopping in Mt. Shasta, it was such a nice day and we were making such good time that we decided to continue on to Ashland, OR. We stayed at a campground called Glenyan RV Park, When we walked around I thought I remembered the place. Well it turns out that it used to be a KOA, and we stayed there on one of our trips when Dusty and Heather were little girls. It's a bit run down but it was quiet and comfortable.
In my haste to get over the pass I passed up the discount liquor stores. I wrongly thought there was one close to the border. Anyway we backtracked to Yreka monday morning ( only 36 miles) but we had to drive over that pass two more times, lesson learned when the boss says stop here you stop here. Anyway monday afternoon found us in Canyonville, OR, at the Seven Feathers RV Resort. This is a brand new place and is just beautiful. It is actually across the freeway and tucked behind some hills so it was very quiet, It's also very large 192 sites. The landscaping and facilities are very nice. We are here for two nights.
We leave here Wednesday to travel to Belknap Hot Spring and meet up with Deb and Jerry, then it's home on Saturday. I don't think we will have any internet connection while there, as this place is 55 miles east of Eugene, but we have been suprized before.
More Later, Rich
Free Counter

No comments:
Post a Comment