Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sitting in Coburg, OR

Posted by Rich
Edited by Gloria

Yesterday (Saturday) we were driving home northbound on I-5 about 3 miles north of Coburg, Oregon when everthing died electrically, the wipers stopped, the engine died, the lights went out, everthing electrical having to do with the coach. Lucky for us we were able to get over to the shoulder ok. Not even the emergency flashers were working, I did turn them on in the Suzuki. Good Sam Roadside Assistance sent out a tow truck, made arrangements with Cummins Northwest for them to work on our rig, but they are closed for the weekend. They do have water and electric hookups, and that is where the tow truck parked us. So we are sitting in Coburg waiting for them to open on Monday morning. This place is situated accross the street from the Monaco factory and down the road from the Marathon factory where they make those multi-million dollar Prevost coaches, maybe we will just trade this in on one of those:) Our son-in-law Kevin has contacts/connections with Cummins Northwest and he is using his influence to help expedite our repair on Monday. They even offered to have someone come in on overtime to fix it but decided to forego the extra expense.
I have a doctors appointment at 9:00 AM on Monday or I'll run out of my meds before I can reschedule. Deb and Jerry are still at Belknap Springs and are stopping to see us and we may hitch a ride home with them and return after I see the doctor.
Well if it had to happen this is probably as good a place to break down as any, better than out in middle of nowhere or going down a mountain with no room to pull off the road, we've been to both those places on this trip. Well, we are safe, reasonably comfortable, dry, and we still love each other, what else do we need?

More Later, Rich
Until Next Time, Gloria


Free Web Counter


Free Counter

No comments: