We met our friends Pam and Harold in Quartzsite where they were having a chili cook off and entertainment. On the way in to Quartzsite I wanted to stop at the Oasis bookstore to have my picture taken with the owner. The owner is quite famous since he runs the store naked with the exception of a “cup”. When I first heard about him I told Richard I thought it was disgusting but the more I heard the more curious I became. At the last minute I chickened out and we passed the bookstore. Well, come to find out he wasn’t at the bookstore since he was part of the entertainment. He played the piano and sang rag time music.
The naked book seller (with clothes on).
I found a bargain on a super king sized quilt in Quartzsite for our bed at home, quilt and three pillow shams for $139.00. We really didn’t want to haul more stuff home but I couldn’t pass up a bargain.
Pam and Harold enjoying ice cream
Just outside of Salome is a town called “Hope” and we couldn’t resist a picture of the sign.
We leave Salome today and are heading to Laughlin, NV for a night before moving to our last two week destination (Pahrump, NV) before heading home.
Until next time,
Gloria

2 comments:
Too bad he wasn't naked...I double dog dare you to go back next year and see!
Dusty
You guys look so good! If the guy was naked it might be an arrestable offense! He must be 80! It would not be a pretty sight!
Gail
Post a Comment