Saturday, January 05, 2013

When the going gets tough

First thing I need to report is that Peggy is improving, she is out of the ICU, and into a regular bed. She is facing what looks like a rather long recovery time, Gorgie is selecting a nursing home for her, and considering a long term care facility.

While that's good news, the really good news is that she is returning to me on the 15th. The plan has been to spend two weeks at Emerald Cove near Parker, AZ. I was going to move the motor home there and wait for her return. Well that would have required a 190 to 200 mile drive each way to pick her up (it's about the same distance to Las Vegas, Phoenix, or back here to Palm Springs. Well I decided that it would be better to just stay in this area for a while, so I made arrangements to go back to Indian Waters in Indio, and cancelled our stay at Emerald Cove. After all this is not such a bad place to be, the weather has been wonderful, with chilly nights and warm days (shorts and tee shirts).

So it was a though decision to make all by myself but as I said "When the going gets though".....

More Later,

Rich

No comments: