Posted by Gloria
We arrived at Black Canyon City Friday and we are staying at Bradshaw RV Resort. This is a low key place that has several permanant rigs and the snow birds are starting to arrive for the winter. The people are very nice, it is quiet, sunny and warm. One of the first things I noticed were trees with fruit on them, the fruit looks like limes. We went for a walk and met a lady who lives here and I asked her what the fruit was. She said there are some limes, oranges, grapefruit and lemons. So, we got back to our space and I picked fruit from two different trees and told Richard I thought they were limes. I took them inside and cut them open and tasted the first one. Much to my surprise it wasn't a lime as I thought, it was a very green orange. I thought Richard was going to fall over laughing. I puckered so bad and it reminded me of the time Kooper dared me to eat a green blackberry, we were on a ladder and he fell off laughing so hard at my puckered face. Not to be discouraged I cut the next one open and it was also a very green orange but a little riper than the first. No more fruit for Gloria!
I have gone for walks the last two mornings and the town of Black Canyon City is a total of maybe 3 blocks long so I walked side streets to get my time in. We went for a ride to explore some of the side streets and our ride was not a long one. We did find another little town maybe a mile away called Rock Springs and it had a general store, saloon and restaurant. It also had a farmers market such as it was and we bought a couple of tomatoes and grapefruit. The lady that waited on us smelled like patouley oil (sp?), had tatoos all over and looked like she had seen a few county fairs. They sold home made pies which were going fast but we decided that we didn't need a whole pie, we would eat it all.
Tomorrow we leave for Tucson where Richard's folks are, it should take us 3-31/2 hours to get there. We are staying about a mile from their house and will be there for four days.
Until next time,
Gloria

No comments:
Post a Comment