Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Hanging out on the Colorado River


Posted by Rich

Here I am sitting under our favorite Palm, we keep moving to stay in the shade, tough work.

We are enjoying our stay here at the Colorado River Oasis. Ehrenberg is a very small town, there is a very busy truck stop on the eastbound side of the I-10 freeway, a bar, a post office, and several campgrounds, not much to do or see. So we have spent our time reading and playing dominoes, nice. Blyth, California is on the other side of the river, today we may go there and explore the town (it's not much larger than Ehrenberg). We went for a drive up to Parker the other day and we did see lots of farms, they all seem to be part of what is called CRIT, (Colorado River Indian Tribes). There were huge fields of irrigated land growing mostly cotton, and feed crops such as hay.
We sometimes wonder how often the blog is being looked at, so I added a counter to see, well much to our delight folks are looking at it quite a bit, thanks.


More Later, Rich



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course all your loved ones are there with you in spirit...hanging on to every word as we get up every morning and do the daily work grind...Continue with your fun and postings. I've been reading them when I can.
Love U two - Annie