Monday, October 08, 2007

We're Back


Posted by Rich
This is a photo of some rocks on the way to Bryce.


Today finds us at Lake Powell, Arizona. It was an eazy drive here, down some mountains, up some mountains, through some canyons and over a couple of bridges with impressive views. More about that and Lake Powell later. While we were off line we continued to write about what we were doing, and what we saw. I'm going publish those first, I hope. I need to see if I can cut and paste from MS word or if I'll need to get Gorgie to retype it. It's going to be in a couple of postes so it may take a while to get it all. So here goes...

We arrived at Kaibab Camper Village shortly after noon on Wed 10/3/07. Our first impression was that this is a lovely place, it is set in a National Forest, we are surrounded by ponderosa pines, and the smell is wonderful. The altitude here is 8650ft. so you have to take more deep breaths, too bad. Jacob Lake itself is tiny; it is in fact a sink caused by limestone eroding away under ground, the soil sinking and if the water table is close enough to the surface there is water in it.
More Later, Rich

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Glad to hear from you again. We enjoy your travel log. Keep it up!
Miss you guys,
Steve & Pam