Saturday, October 13, 2007

Driving in the Wind


Posted by Rich

Us at Lake Powell

The drive yesterday was awful. Up until then we had covered about 1400 miles, all but a few of those miles had been on two lane highways (the streach from home to the I-84 exit at Fairview, And a 30 mile run down I-15 from Cedar City to Harrisburg, UT). It was all pleasant driving at a reasonable 50-55 MPH pace. Well, yesterday we had a 120 mile run down I-17 here in AZ. It was a very WINDY drive at one point coming out from behind some cliffs in a pass the wind pushed the motorhome into the next lane (thank goodness there were no vehicles there). It made for a stressful day. There are not any other roads that wouldn't add lots of miles to our next destination, which is Tucson to visit with my dad.

Enough about that, we are spending the weekend at Black Canyon City. This is another nice stop, more friendly people, we like that. There are not too many rigs here yet but they are expecting the snowbirds any time now. Last night we went to a local restaurant (Kid Chilleen's Badass BBQ) and had a very good dinner. The camera forgot to come along so maybe I'll go back today so I can post a picture. Today is laundry and cleanup day (after all it is Saturday). There is an Amish restaurant in town so we thinking about going there for breakfast.


More Later, Rich

No comments: