Thursday, December 31, 2009

Tonopah,AZ

  We spent the night in the small town of Tonopah, AZ.  Saddle Mountain RV Park is a large park, with lots of palm trees, very dark, very quiet, a nice place to stay.  They are holding an FMCA (Family Motor Coach Association) rally here this weekend so there is lots going on, but not for us.

I was sitting in the front seat of the motorhome yesterday afternoon talking with Jerry (who is having too much fun on Maui), and I see what looks like a jack rabbit over near the fence. So I went to investigate,

P1020973

 

 

 

    This is what I found, a steel bunny.

 

 

 

 

We had dinner at a local greasy spoon called Tonopah Jacks, it was actually pretty good.  I had the patty melt, Gorgie had the spaghetti, and we both had the homemade vegetable beef soup. All for less than 20 bucks.

It had been overcast and a bit windy all afternoon but when the sun went down we were treated to this.

P1020974

 

 

                                                                                                                                                         Sun setting behind Saddle Mountain

 

 

 

 

P1020975        

 

 

        Tonopah sunset                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

 

 

 

We are off to Tucson to spend some time with my dad.

More Later, Rich

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG...What a beautiful sky!!

Dusty