Posted by Rich
This is for you Nici
The poor cell service gives me the blues. It has taken me two days to get this posted, and I don't know about a picture yet.Monday we went to Bryce what a grand place the scale of everything makes you seem so small. I know I could see tomorrow we could see so far. At one point we were at 9115 ft. in elevation. I found myself taking extra deep breaths. The drive from here took 3 hours the Suzuki each way so it was a long day. The old girl was huffing and puffing almost flat out all day. But we made it, just another part of the adventure. Back to Bryce, the scenery there is majestic with it's canyons, hoodoo's, and vistas. The trees are turning up there so we got to see some fall color. On the way back we drove through a driving rain storm, so bad we though about stopping and waiting it out, but we made it through ok.
Today we leave Hurricane ( they pronounce it hurriken), and travel to Jacob Lake,AZ. We plan to see the north rim of the Grand Canyon, we've been to the south rim before but this will be our first visit to the north. The altitude there is about 7400 ft. it will make cooking a new challenge. I don't think we will have any sort of connection there so I We won't be able to post until we get to Lake Powell on the 8th of October.
I got up early to post this but have too poor of a connection to get a picture up, sorry.
More Later, Rich
Tuesday, October 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
thanks Richie and Gorgie-
I needed that! Having left-over spaghetti for lunch at my desk today! Have a great time at the Grand Canyon! I've always wanted to take the train trip that goes there.
Love you,
Nisi
Still awaiting the latest adventures of the gorgienrich show!
Were you captured by wild west tourists at the Grand Canyon?
Love, Nisi 10/08/2007
Post a Comment