Just a short post today. We went to lunch in Palm Springs yesterday and what a lovely town. We found a place on Palm Canyon Drive that made some of the best home made burgers we had ever eaten. Why do you find these places when you have to leave?
After lunch we strolled up and down the street window shopping, lots of fancy shops and more upscale restaurants than we could try in the time we had here, besides we would go broke.
About a block to the west of this street the mountain goes straight up, there are no foothills, just straight up. About a thousand feet up is the snow line, the contrast with the desert is striking. Again the camera failed to show up for this trip as well.
As I said, today is a travel day, we want to be on the road by 9:00AM, the drive is about 240 miles to Buckeye,AZ. We need to fuel up on the way. I saw that diesel is $1.91 at the Flying J in Ehrenburg just over the border in AZ, but it is always very crowded and slow there, so I think I’ll fill up at the Love’s truck stop in Thousand Palms just down the road for $2.15 in the interest of not having to fight the crowds with the “Pod Racer “ (nickname for our car) in tow.
More Later, Rich

No comments:
Post a Comment